Your Initial Visit
Washington DC & Bethesda – Chevy Chase
We will review your medical and dental histories as well as any specific concerns you have at that time. Should you have a dental problem that needs immediate attention, we will make every effort to provide you with the appropriate care during your first visit.
Your Initial Records
A comprehensive examination will be recorded in a charting that included an analysis of your existing restorations, your soft tissues to rule out lesions, a periodontal charting (a gum and bone support assessment), and an evaluation of your occlusion (bite). Additionally, we will evaluate any X-rays and/or models that you have brought, or if necessary, we will take Digital Radiographs and Digital Images (intraoral pictures) to supplement your records.
To save time in our office our Patient Registration Form is available for you to fill out at home before your appointment. Please remember to bring the completed form with you to your first appointment.
Please Assist Us By Providing the Following Information at the Time of Your Initial Visit
- Your referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are currently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, we will provide you with the necessary information to expedite your insurance reimbursement.
In Preparation for your visit:
- Eat breakfast or lunch before your appointment to ensure normal blood glucose level
- Take your routine medications.
- If you require prophylactic antibiotics before dental appointments for prosthetic heart valve or orthopedic prosthesis (artificial hip, knee, elbow, etc.) please call our office for instructions.
- Please let us know if you are taking Coumadin.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian
A Full Mouth Set of X-rays is a critical tool in diagnosis. If your dentist has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If necessary, we can arrange to perform our own digital radiographs. Our digitally enhanced X-ray images provide minimal exposure.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, coumadin, artificial joint replacements, etc.).