At Prosthetic Dentistry of Washington D.C., experienced Prosthodontist (restoration specialist), Dr. Gerald Marlin, and our talented team of dental professionals strive to provide you with the highest quality of dental care available. With more than 40 years of experience, Dr. Marlin has the skill, expertise and artful eye needed to deliver results that are second to none.
Whether you are seeking dental implants, crowns, porcelain veneers or a complete smile makeover, Dr. Marlin can help you achieve your goals. To learn more about the comprehensive dental services offered at our friendly, state-of-the-art facility, contact us today online or at 202-244-2101. We proudly help patients from Washington D.C., Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Rockville, Alexandria, Arlington and nearby communities. Patients even come to us from hundreds of miles out of the area and even from out of the country.
Unwavering Dedication to Excellence
The pursuit of excellence isn’t just a guiding principle at Prosthetic Dentistry of Washington D.C., it is the bedrock upon which our dental practice was founded. Every staff member who is hired, every piece of material that is chosen, every decision that is made is done in accordance with our unwavering dedication to excellence. Dr. Marlin never compromises on quality and insists on doing things correctly the first time. This uncompromising passion for excellence ensures that you receive exquisitely beautiful, highly functional and long-lasting results with crowns lasting over 35 years (national average is 5-10 years) and implants with over a 97% success rate.
From the front office to the treatment room, each highly experienced member of our staff is dedicated to providing an unparalleled patient experience with exceptional dental care. When you choose Prosthetic Dentistry of Washington D.C., you can expect:
- Excellence: Our unwavering dedication to excellence pervades every aspect of our practice. We refuse to take shortcuts or settle for second best, which is why we have established an in-house laboratory to ensure you are receiving the finest quality possible.
- Innovation: With more than 40 years of experience, Dr. Marlin isn’t just working at the forefront of dental innovation; he is helping to define it. He has personally created a unique dental implant restoration system and has several implant-related patents pending. Our advanced technology and in-house lab are just a few elements of the PDWDC difference.
- Individualized patient care: Your smile, just like you, is completely unique. As part of his commitment to excellence, Dr. Marlin never takes a one-size-fits-all approach to patient care. With the vast increase in milled (machine fabricated) crowns being provided over the last few years, this is increasingly important. During your initial evaluation, he will focus on getting to know you: your goals, your concerns and the current condition of your oral health. He will customize your treatment plan to best address your unique situation.
- Integrity: Dr. Marlin takes the time to thoroughly discuss any oral health issues you may have and explain the benefits and considerations of the many treatment options available to you. Although he will recommend the best course of action in your unique situation, every decision made about your dental care is ultimately your own. Dr. Marlin will serve as your trusted guide and help you make the most informed decision possible.
- Positivity: At Prosthetic Dentistry of Washington D.C., we don‘t focus on the flaws of your smile, we see the possibilities. We work hard to make sure that every visit to our facility is a positive experience, where you feel comfortable, respected and understood.
As a result of all of these attributes, people come from far and wide to seek Dr. Marlin’s problem-solving care.
Gerald M. Marlin DMD, MSD
Dr. Gerald Marlin has been practicing dentistry for more than four decades. He is a nationally-recognized specialist, speaker and inventor. In addition to inventing a unique dental implant restoration system, he holds a number of pending patents related to implant restorations. He is a respected fixture in the Washington D.C. community and has been recognized as one of the area’s “Top Dentists” by Washingtonian Magazine.
Dr. Marlin earned his DMD degree from the University of Pennsylvania and his Master’s degree in Prosthodontics from Boston University. His professional affiliations include:
- The American College of Prosthodontics
- The Academy of Osseointegration
- The American Academy of Periodontology
- The American Dental Association
Many patients seek the care of Dr. Marlin because of his exceptional credentials, rave reviews and consistent history of outstanding results. However, it is his kindness, compassion and humor that help build lifelong relationships and continued patient loyalty.
Awards and Recognitions
As a leading implant and cosmetic specialist, Dr. Marlin is very proud to have received recognition for his achievements in the field of cosmetic, implant and restorative dentistry, including:
- Washingtonian Top Dentist: Dr. Marlin has been recognized by Washingtonian Magazine as one of the Washington D.C. area’s “Top Dentists”.
- Renowned Cosmetic Dentist: In addition to providing exceptional restorative dentistry, Dr. Marlin has been a respected cosmetic dentist in the DC, Bethesda, Potomac, Rockville, Alexandria, Arlington area for more than 20 years. Whether you need a single anterior crown or multiple crowns to naturally match your surrounding teeth, an implant-supported smile makeover for challenging aesthetic issues, or just want to achieve a more natural, healthy appearance, Dr. Marlin has the experience and skill to customize your care to meet your aesthetic goals.
- Inventor & Patent Holder: Dr. Marlin is the inventor of a unique dental implant restoration system and has multiple patents pending related to implant restorations.
- Nationally Recognized Speaker: Dr. Marlin is both locally and nationally recognized as a leader in dental implants and cosmetic restorations. He has spoken extensively at national organizations and to dental professionals in the Washington D.C. area. Some of his speaking engagements have included:
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Hinman Dental Meeting
- Dental Laboratory Congress
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Maryland
- Boston University Graduate Dental School
- Columbia University
- New York University
- Loma Linda University
- University of Southern California
While Dr. Marlin has always had excellent teams (average employment, 14.5 years), he is very proud that he has assembled the “dream team” averaging over 20 years’ dental experience to assist with your care.
Our Registered Dental Hygienists (RDAs) have undergone specialized training in periodontal disease and will carefully monitor your dental health. At each hygiene appointment, a review of your previous oral conditions will be compared to our current findings. Our diligent approach to your hygiene and treatment helps us achieve the best possible results.
Our dental assistants are committed to making you feel comfortable and relaxed. With training in four-handed dentistry and expanded functions, they assist in providing you with cutting-edge dentistry as expeditiously as possible. For your safety and the safety of all members of our staff, we follow a very strict infection control and sterilization protocol.
Our warm and friendly administrative staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to scheduling, dental insurance and any other front office concerns. Our goal is to help you feel welcome, valued and right at home. We strive to provide you with consistency, efficiency and answers to your questions during your treatment and maintenance programs. We are very proud that we just don’t deliver specialty treatment, we provide specialized care!
Contact Prosthetic Dentistry of Washington D.C. Today
If you live in or around the Washington D.C., Bethesda or Arlington areas and want to experience the PDWDC difference for yourself, contact us today online or at 202-244-2101 to schedule your initial visit.