Understandably, some patients can be anxious about dental procedures, especially if they are longer ones. In general, we offer oral sedation to take the “edge” off of longer procedures. That, in combination with our stereo headphones connected to our Sirius radio, can make a dental procedure a more mellow experience.
In Preparation for Your Visit:
- Eat breakfast or lunch before your appointment to ensure normal blood glucose level.
- For appointments that you are receiving I.V. sedation, do NOT eat breakfast before your appointment.
- Take your routine medications.
- If you require prophylactic antibiotics before dental appointments for prosthetic heart valve or orthopedic prosthesis (artificial hip, knee, elbow, etc.) please call our office for instructions.
- Please let us know if you are taking Aspirin, Coumadin, or other blood thinner.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian
For complex restorative or surgical procedures, we perform those procedures under I.V. sedation, as well. Some patients would rather just be “put to sleep”. If you have a desire for or want to know more about oral or I.V. sedation, please let us know at your initial visit or at your consultation. Call 202-244-2101 today.